- You spend the night in a former Soviet factory.
- You meet a former KGB officer in person.
- In the mining town of Chiatura you use a Soviet cable car from the 50s.
- In Gori you visit the birthplace of Joseph Stalin.
- Where Stalin and his entourage used to recover, you too can bathe: at the Tskaltubo Spa Resort from the 40s.
Georgia and its soviet heritage
We set out a search for Georgia's Soviet heritage. Stalin and his typical architecture, spend the night in a former Soviet textile factory and bathe in the same baths that the Soviet Communist elite used for recreation. In addition to a lot of reference to the USSR, the tour also gives you a good overview of present-day Georgia. Besides Tbilisi we discover five other regions of Georgia: Shida Kartli, Imereti, Samegrelo, Kvemo Kartli and Kakheti.
This tour is ideal for people interested in USSR’s history. Apart from that we discover five different regions of Georgia: Shida Kartli, Imereti, Samegrelo, Kvemo Kartli and Kakheti.
Our guests were particularly impressed by these highlights:
Dates & Prices
Guaranteed for 4 to 10 participants. There are still places available. Overnight stays in a double or twin room. Supplement single room: 290 EUR.
Price does include:
Price does not include:
Simon Stahl (USA)
We had a great group. I still have contact with all six. We have already agreed that we will come back next year. Then it will be a wine tour through Kakheti.
Sylvana Flores (USA)
I will never forget our trip through the mountains of Tusheti. The landscape was unique, though the absolute highlights were the warm encounters with the locals.